You can’t go wrong with a great beer for your next tailgating event. Still, you can make your tailgating experience even better by mixing it up and choosing a variety of beverages geared towards outdoor celebrations.
From bloody marys and spirits to beer cocktails and mimosas, toast to your team and try out 9 of the best tailgating drinks listed below!
Delicious and satisfying, this Tailgate Punch is the perfect drink on those hot and humid game days.
- 1-quart blood orange soda, chilled
- 2 cups lemonade, chilled
- Two 12-ounce cans of peach nectar, chilled
- Vodka to taste
- In a pitcher, mix the blood orange soda, lemonade and peach nectar.
- You can either add the vodka straight to the punch or add it to each glass.
- A good starting point is 1 ½ oz. per drink.
- You and your guests can add more according to their personal tastes.
Brandy Old Fashioned
Popular throughout the Midwest (and with good reason,) Old Fashions are the perfect addition to your next tailgating experience.
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- 4 dashes aromatic bitters
- 1 splash maraschino cherry juice
- 1 1/2 oz. of brandy
- 3 oz. lemon-lime soda
- 2 orange slices
- 2 maraschino cherries
- ice cubes
- In a tumbler, combine sugar, bitters, cherry juice and brandy until the sugar has dissolved.
- Stir in lemon-lime soda.
- Pour over ice in two short ball glasses (or whatever cups you brought.)
- Garnish with cherries and orange slices.
Jack and Ginger
Jack and ginger go together like football and tailgating.
All you need is three ingredients for this crowd-pleasing tailgating drink.
- 2 oz. Jack Daniel’s whiskey
- 4 oz. Ginger ale
- 1 splash fresh lime juice
- Fill a glass with ice.
- Pour Jack Daniel’s, ginger ale, and lime juice into the glass.
- Stir to combine.
Vodka Gummy Bears Recipe
Okay, okay. We know this isn’t a drink per se, but you’ve got to try it for your next game day party!
Gummy bears absorb vodka, swell up, and turn into delicious, soft, juicy alcohol treats!
For adults only (obviously.)
- 1 1.75 liter bottle Vodka
- Gummy Bears
- Ramekin Bowls (regular bowls work fine too)
- Your prep time is just 10-15 minutes to put the gummies in bowls.
- The rest of that time is just letting them soak while you do something fun.
- Keep out a dry gummy of each type so you can compare their size to the ones that are soaking.
- Add gummies to the ramikens.
- Pour enough vodka into each ramekin to fully cover the gummies.
- The gummies are ready to eat once the vodka has all been soaked up.
- You do not need to cover or refrigerate them. It will slow down the absorption of vodka.
- To serve, spoon them out onto a flat dish or surface.
- Use forks or toothpicks to stab and eat.
Game Day Tequila Sunrise
Some say the Tequila Sunrise was made for tailgating. Try this game-day version and see for yourself.
- 1/2 cup Tequila
- 1 cup light beer (try a citrus beer to really compliment the drink)
- 2 cups orange juice no pulp
- Maraschino cherries and orange slices for garnish
- In a container, stir together the tequila, beer, and orange juice.
- Fill cup with ice.
- Pour the orange juice mixture over the ice until almost full.
- Add a splash of grenadine to each cup and garnish with cherries and oranges.
- 1 ½ cup gin or vodka
- 1 cup pineapple juice
- ¾ cup fresh squeezed lime juice
- ¾ cup simple syrup
- ¼ tsp salt
- Combine all ingredients except the IPA in a sealable container or bottle
- Chill in a cooler with the rest of your tailgate supplies
- When you’re ready to serve, fill your cup with lots of ice.
- Shake your bottle and pour out the mixture into the ice-filled cups (leave room at the top)
- Top off each drink with the IPA
Big-Batch Bloody Marys
There is nothing better than a good Bloody Mary, except maybe Bloody Marys in BULK!
Our recommendation is to get creative with your garnishes with one of the best tailgating drinks.
- 8 cups tomato juice
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 4 teaspoons prepared horseradish, optional
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon hot pepper sauce (optional if you don’t want the heat)
- 2 cups vodka
- Celery, pickle spears, green olives, cucumber slices, pickled veggies, cubed cheese, beef sticks, cherry tomatoes, cocktail shrimp.
- In a pitcher, stir together the first 8 ingredients.
- For each serving, pour about 1 cup over ice with 1/4 cup vodka
- Add desired garnishes
Sunday Funday Punch Recipe
- 2 liter lemon-lime soda
- 1 bottle prosecco
- 2 cups vodka
- 2 cups mango orange juice
- 2 cups pineapple juice
- oranges, sliced (extra for garnish)
- strawberries, sliced (extra for garnish)
- Add Sprite, mango orange juice, pineapple juice, vodka, and prosecco to a large container.
- Slowly add sliced fruit to the pitcher.
- If you have time, but the punch in the fridge or cooler for 1-2 hours to let the flavors combine.
What’s Next: More From Liquid Cheers
A good tailgating party needs a great tailgate cooler for all the tailgating drink ideas you are now ready to try.
Generally speaking, a cooler isn’t a feature point, and most people’s coolers are regular and boring. All they do is keep your drinks and food cold for the day- which is great and everything.
But we know you want to be better than that.
Impress your friends with a fun and unique cooler that not only does its job but looks ‘cool’ doing it!
Every time you go grab a drink, you can feel a sense of pride and joy in knowing you have the coolest cooler around.
Whether you want a custom cooler or to choose from one of our many designs, Liquid Cheers™ Coolers are themed coolers you didn’t know you needed.
Contact us today for more information!